Want to transform the way people consume and interact with video? Come join the team that’s enabling developers to create world class voice-forward video experiences, across devices and services. We brought Alexa to Fire TV, Dish TV, and are building a platform (Video Skill APIs) so that anyone can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
We work with top tier internal and external video partners to drive innovation with video and voice.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
This role reports to the single-threaded leader for Alexa Video and will own product management for how customers use voice to interact with video streaming services.
· Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· 7+ years of Product Management experience in a related industry
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects