Faculty Members are assigned a course, which is taught using the Blackboard platform, and are responsible for interacting with students within this platform. Discussion Boards for classrooms are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Although postings to the classroom may be done at any time of day, they must be completed in a timely manner in accordance with the Faculty Handbook or other criteria established by Walden University. As such, Faculty Members are expected to be in the classroom a minimum of 4 days per week and responses to student questions must be posted within 48 hours. Faculty Members are required to verify the accuracy of student postings and submissions and to provide feedback and grades to students through Blackboard. In addition, Faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi. The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats.
Graduate level faculty may be required to attend Residencies held domestically or internationally, where they will teach intensives and colloquia, and facilitate school and university-wide discussions.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, possess an earned degree from an accredited institution or recognized by a country's ministry of education in the discipline being taught, and may be expected to be licensed or license-eligible in order to teach in specific programs. Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications in order to continue to teach at Walden University. Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University.
Some travel may be requested. Ability to attend at least one residency per year is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Earned doctorate in the field of Psychology from an accredited university.
- Experience chairing or sitting on dissertation committees.
- Candidates should possess a significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field of Psychology, including experience in Forensic Psychology settings and/or professional activities.
- Three to five years of teaching experience at the graduate level preferred.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Teaching, advising and mentoring; commitment to the promotion of applied research and the recruitment and development of a diverse faculty; excellent leadership, communication, team, and human relations skills.
- Experience with mentoring and motivating learners in a distance-education environment.
- Ability to work with adult learners with variable skill levels and learning styles, as well as diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Job ID 25942BR