The Business Analyst’s primary function is to provide system support to the various business units within the enterprise by means of research, analysis, testing, documentation and training for issues and enhancements related to all systems.
The Business Analyst possesses a strong working knowledge of a SDM (System Development Methodology) process and is able to analyze systems and processes within the Personal/Commercial insurance environment. They provide recommendations for enhancing work flows to improve processes and identify and correct system issues. They develop detailed Business Requirements & Functional Requirements , ensure the requirements are met through Quality Assurance tasks and participate throughout the entire SDM process.
- Assist in the development of business solutions in accordance with System Development Methodology including, but not limited to:
- Provide input to the Project Manager in the creation of project plans, estimates and schedules.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the Impact Analysis needed for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Adhere to the project’s time line and keep the Project Manager apprised of status, issues and progress.
- Document business requirements to include all information needed by the developers bytranslating business requirements into detailed system/IT requirements.
oWork with business areas to prepare detailed Business Requirements and Use Cases, scheduling and facilitating walk-through’s as needed.
- Work with technical areas, Developers and QA to interpret Business Requirements, scheduling and facilitating walk-through’s as needed.
- Participate in the creation of Functional Requirements in collaboration with the development teams, and the applicable business teams.
- Participate in the preparation of Test Plans and as needed participate in the execution ofSystems Testing in conjunction with the QA Testing Team to ensure Test Cases cover all functionality described in the Business Requirements and Use Cases
- Review Systems Testing Results (as needed) to obtain Sign Off from the QA Testing Team.
- Assist the Business Team during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by answering any questions, reviewing test director defects and determining if it is a true defect, or whether a change control is needed before assigning to development team.
- Keep all deliverables updated as changes occur using standard documentation rules.
- Develop reports and analyses using various query and/or other tools as needed
- Monitor quality of production systems and resolve production related issues during check out and Post Deployment (as needed).
- Work with the Development Team in preparation of the Master Release Plan and post production testing.
- Perform research and analysis activities regarding production system issues including, but not limited to:
- Investigate and recommend system, policy and or procedural improvements.
- Perform systems analysis – understand and articulate full system flow processing for policy writing, billing, claims and financial systems.
- Perform analysis to ensure effective implementation of statutory and regulatory changes.
- Performs ad hoc research projects.
- Research, coordinate and track problems to resolution.
- BA plays a critical role in the Project Scope Management process
- Collects Requirements – through meetings, interviews, workshops, JAD sessions ;
- Engages Business users and stake holders in scope description and sign off
- Identifies key project deliverables;
- Identifies project exclusions;
- Differentiates between defects and new requirements during project life cycle through testing and post production deployment;
- Assists Project Manager in Change Control management;
- 4+ years of relevant experience within the Property /Casualty insurance industry.
- 4 Year Degree is a plus.
Prior experience with New York Property & Casualty rules/regulations is highly desirable.